Saturday, 3 September 2011

What's In My Handbag

I took this photo for a little project that Britmums are doing about what is in a mother's handbag.  I think it's supposed to show how diverse and resourceful we all are, but all it's actually done is reveal that I am a disgusting skank in comparison to everybody else.  The photo and list of contents are below, but please note that I decided not to photograph the main content of the bag, which was bits of fluff, biscuit crumbs, soggy, half chewed bits of those Wotsit crisp things that you can buy for babies, the detritus from when a face powder compact exploded at some point around Christmas 2009 and what looked like a piece of cooked spaghetti that had dried out and stuck to the lining.  Shameful, I know.  My solution to this reprehensible state of affairs is not to take a bottle of Milton Fluid and a sponge to my bag and scrub it out, but to suggest to Richard that I need a new one.  This one is a health hazard.


CONTENTS:
A travel potty
A complete change of clothes (for Rory, not me. I don't wear pirate pants)
My wallet, containing very little in the way of money
A notebook
A bag of organic snacks for toddlers, probably out of date as he turns his nose up whenever I offer them
My perfume
Antibacterial hand gel
A lone sock
Calpol (but no spoon...)
A car with a bit of unidentifiable crap stuck to the side
Keys
A scrunched up Waitrose bag
Squished bit of Playdoh covered in fluff and some weird brown flakes of something
Chewing gum
A sticklebrick
An empty packet of chocolate buttons
An orange crayon
Drugs galore (prescription only, obviously)
My inhaler
Lip balm
A screwed up grocery receipt

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... you are similar to me in the fact you have the travel potty but no plastic bags to go in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's a definite flaw somewhere in that plan isn't there?

    ReplyDelete